Sunday, December 04, 2005

Tracking

It was a nice warm morning at Southside. Ann had Basco out and Kay brought Loki.

Aron's track was longer than usual with fully half the track without food. The spaces were from 8 - 15 paces including the corners. I was really happy with his work. he focused and even ignored a dog being walked nearby that fired up right at him. The last corner in particular was good with 10 paces before and after food free. I finished him with 20 paces with food in every step and I came up alongside to make sure he was precise to the end.

Madison worked her track intensely, I think once she starts I could leave and wait for her at the end. I increased the distance between food up to 20 paces and she figured out to follow the scent of the footsteps not merely smell for the food.

No comments: