Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Drive Fus and playing with the Office Cleaners

I had to go into the office tonight to chaperone a meeting in my ocnference room. So of course the dogs came along.

They spent some time passed out cold at my feet under the desk and then we went out back to the lit parking lot for some drive work. I had 6' leashes on them so when working one the other was hooked to the cargo rail on my truck.

I worked the drive building and attention excercises, move into some fus, then sit & platz from drive. It is amazing how wired they get for obedience from watching the other dog work, ain't jealousy a bitch.. I used the leashes on the prong to emphasise the quickness with short sharp pops. They reacted well and there was tons of drive for the tugs whether hidden or visible that the pops had no effect on attitude.

After training for a bit we went back to the office and ran into the cleaners in the hall. The dogs love the husband/wife team even though she gets nervous when she sees them bounding down the hallway.

No comments: