Thursday, November 17, 2005

Blood Under the Lights

It started as a really good Thursday night session at the NEC under the big floodlights. Ann had Basco, Jojo came with Gunner, Rawn's daughter was there with their older Dobie, Mark & Jeanette came with Ceasar and Nancy.

I took Madison and Aron for a stroll around the outside of the track to stretch their legs, then began to work Aron first. We started with some drive work, then moved to a little heeling, worked alittle on a low broad jump to get him to stretch out his jump. I noticed that he was trying much harder for the tug to the right and realised that I was falling into the habit of only giving the tug from the right hand. I then only gave from the left for the next couple bites.

The last bite on the way back to the truck Aron missed the tug and bit square on my left hand, puncturing the vein on the back of my hand. Blood shooting everywhere all over the race track, clothes, truck. Apply lots of pressure and eventually it slowed enough to get to my in-laws house(he is a doctor), there it started pouring again until it was bandaged up and still more pressure. Hopefully it seals itself overnight, if not I'll be off to the hospital in the morning for stitches.

Madison never did get to play...

1 comment:

The Peaceful Revolution said...

ouch. I hope it heals well.

Best regards,

Julia