Saturday, January 06, 2007

Tracking

We took a big step forward in tracking today. Ann brought Bas and Kay tracked Loki.

I worked Madison on a short track with 6 articles. It has been a long time since I worked articles with her and she was doing her best to pretend she didnt know what to do. A couple quick pops and she remembered, did a couple good downs and then tried again to ignore it.

I moved forward with Aron into the proofing and dealing with oddities phase. I shortened the track up and worked with 4 articles and 2 oddities. The first was a step off corner. I left a 24" gap and a 90deg corner. He got to the end of the scent, I held firmly and he worked it out without moving his feet to far off the step off point. The second was a sideways step off. Again I left a gap about 24" stepped from my right foot, 24" to the left and continued the track in the same direction. He worked it out moving slightly off the step off point and then he found it and continued with focus. In the future I will shorten the gap down to 18" or less, so that he can find the new scent without having to leave the step of point with his feet.

No comments: